Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just Catching Up

    Ladies and gentlemen, after a wonderful visit with my family for 2 weeks, I am back in the beautiful town of Davidson for the summer!  The plane trip back was especially exciting as always, because unlike the majority of the human race, I happen to love airports. ... You heard me right.  Yes, they are crowded and dirty and confusing, but everyone has a destination and a goal, the exciting potential of your voyage stretches out before you, and even within all the manic hustle, you might manage to catch a small moment of sincerity: a little smile from a child passing by, or a short story about someone's life journey.  When I was in Denver waiting for my next plane, I overheard a lady telling someone about her ranch where she teaches yoga and horseback riding programs.  Yoga! and Riding!!  2 of my favorite things!!!  Could it be true?  I awkwardly relocated myself in the terminal so I could get closer to ask her about it.  She just said: "Yoga is the science of self-actualization; horses are already self-actualized. They're just waiting for the rest of us to catch up."

There was the truth that I had felt for years, spoken by a lady I had never met in my life.  And this is why I love airports.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment